3D Machine Learning, Connected and Automated Vehicles
Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering, University of Michigan
Expected 2023 Major in Mechanical Engineering
B.Eng., School of Vehicles and Mobility, Tsinghua University
Sept. 2014 – July. 2018 Major in Vehicle Engineering, Minor in Computer Technology
- 3D Scene Reconstruction with Sparse LiDAR Data and Monocular Image in Single Frame (2018)
Yuanxin Zhong, Sijia Wang, Shichao Xie, Zhong Cao et al.
SAE International Journal of Passenger Cars-Electronic and Electrical Systems, 11
- Pixels and 3-D Points Alignment Method for the Fusion of Camera and LiDAR Data (2018)
Shichao Xie, Diange Yang, Kun Jiang, Yuanxin Zhong
IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation and Measurement, 68
- A Unified Spatio-Temporal Description Model of Environment for Intelligent Vehicles (2019)
Sijia Wang, Kun Jiang, Shichao Xie, Yuanxin Zhong et al.
*Proceedings of China SAE Congress 2019: Selected Papers, *
- Monocular Depth Prediction through Continuous 3D Loss (2020)
Minghan Zhu, Manni Ghaffari, Yuanxin Zhong, Pingping Lu et al.
2020 IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS)
IEEE, arXiv, PDF
- CLAP: Cloud-and-Learning-compatible Autonomous driving Platform (2020)
Yuanxin Zhong*, Zhong Cao*, Minghan Zhu, Xinpeng Wang et al.
2020 IEEE Intelligent Vehicles Symposium (IV)
- Knowledge-Biased Sampling-Based Path Planning for Automated Vehicles Parking (2020)
Yiqun Dong, Yuanxin Zhong, Jiajun Hong.
IEEE Access, 8
- Monocular 3D Vehicle Detection Using Uncalibrated Traffic Cameras through Homography (2021)
Minghan Zhu, Songan Zhang, Yuanxin Zhong, Pingping Lu et al.
accepted by IROS 2021
- Mcity data collection for automated vehicles study (2019)
Yiqun Dong, Yuanxin Zhong, Wenbo Yu, Minghan Zhu et al.
- Uncertainty-Aware Voxel based 3D Object Detection and Tracking with von-Mises Loss (2020)
Yuanxin Zhong, Minghan Zhu, Huei Peng
- Differentiable Computational Geometry for 2D and 3D machine learning (2020)
- Real-time Semantic 3D Dense Occupancy Mapping with Efficient Free Space Representations (2021)
Yuanxin Zhong, Huei Peng (in submission)
- VIN: Voxel-based Implicit Network for Joint 3D Object Detection and Segmentation for Lidars (2021)
Yuanxin Zhong, Minghan Zhu, Huei Peng (in submission)
(Remote) Ann Arbor, MI, USA Waymo LLC
May 2021 – Aug. 2021 Intern, Perception Team, supervised by David Lee and Sharon Jin
Ann Arbor, MI, USA Rackham Graduate School, University of Michigan
Sept. 2018 – Now Graduate Student Research Assistant, supervised by Prof. Huei Peng
Beijing, China School of Vehicle and Mobility, Tsinghua University
Sept. 2016 – June 2018 Undergraduate Research Assistant, supervised by Prof. Diange Yang
Seattle, WA, USA Intelligent Urban Transportation Systems Lab, University of Washington
July 2017 – Sept. 2017 Visiting Student, supervised by Prof. Xuegang Ban
- pcl.py : Cython binding of Point Cloud Library
- dgal : Differentiable Geometry Algorithms Library
- d3d : Devkit for 3D maching learning
- Fluss : Music library tools designed for lossless music lovers
- CLAP : Cloud-and-Learning compatible Automated vehicle Platform